Decorative Architectural Concrete Finishing
Patterned Concrete Industries, Ltd.
110 West 7th Street
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74119
Phone: 800-252-4619 USA
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Web : www.patternedconcrete.com
Patterned Concrete® specializes in decorative architectural concrete finishing. Since 1972, Patterned Concrete's proprietary start-to-finish system, installed by highly trained professionals, has added architectural interest to concrete surfaces through texture, finish and color techniques.
Patterned Concrete offers a complete system for decorative architectural concrete finishing. The company's registered and licensed professionals provide design consultation, stamping, coloring and sealing to strict control standards — completing all aspects of the concrete finish. Use of Patterned Concrete's rigid stamping tools assures design accuracy and allows designs to be precisely reproduced from project to project. Patterned Concrete paving systems are suited for commercial and residential interiors and exteriors in new construction or renovation.
- Vehicular pavements
- Pedestrian pavements
- Pool decks
- Basement floors
- Custom patterns are available. Contact a Patterned Concrete representative for details
Composition and Materials
All designs are concrete based and materials are tailored to application requirements. Portland cement is used in all mixes; quality and additives may vary. Materials include Patterned Concrete's proprietary brand of color hardeners, integral pigment, release agents, dyes, stains and patterns.
Standard and custom colors and sizes are available. Visit www.patternedconcrete.com or contact a Patterned Concrete representative directly for current color charts and sizes.
- Combines the strength and durability of concrete with the aesthetic appeal of pavers, brick or stone
- Professionally installed by licensed, highly trained and certified concrete professionals for ensured quality
- Poured, imprinted and colored to strict, documented technical quality control standards
- Provides distinctive design which can be precisely recreated for future maintenance and repair
- Sized panels relieve surface stress and cracking
- Available in a wide range of colors and patterns
- Sealed for protection from elements
Surface cracks and existing conditions may limit installation and finish options on existing concrete topping.
- Extended warranty
- Custom configurations are available. Contact a Patterned Concrete representative for information
American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- ACI 301 Specifications for Structural Concrete
- ACI 306 Specification for Cold Weather Concreting
- ASTM A185 Standard Specification for Steel Welded Wire Reinforcement,
- Plain, for Concrete
- ASTM A615 Standard Specification for Deformed and Plain Carbon-Steel
- Bars for Concrete Reinforcement
- ASTM C33 Standard Specification for Concrete Aggregates
- ASTM C150 Standard Specification for Portland Cement
- ASTM C260 Standard Specification for Air-Entraining Admixtures for
- ASTM C494 Standard Specification for Chemical Admixtures for Concrete
- CSA A23.1 Concrete Materials and Methods of Concrete Construction/Test
- Methods and Standard Practices for Concrete
Prior to the installation commencing, a site design meeting shall be performed to discuss and ensure that final product data/shop drawings meet the designer/owner requirements. An authorized Patterned Concrete licensed contractor must be present to discuss final product usage, such as concrete mix design, color pigment choice and imprint tool layout, as well as the pour schedule. Due to the imprinting procedure and proprietary manufacturing process, product usage, concrete mix design and installation may supersede standard construction design practices, so that the decorative or imprinted concrete work can be carried out, completed and warrantied.
MethodsPatterned Concrete follows established subgrade preparation and structural design. Work is performed by professionally trained and licensed installers using proprietary rigid stamping tools to create the specified pattern and design. Installation is performed in accordance with ACI 301 and CSA A23.1.
Reinforcement is by Patterned Concrete's licensed and trained professionals per engineered documentation and in accordance with ASTM A185, ASTM A615 and project requirements.
Concrete is mixed, placed and screeded by Patterned Concrete professionals in accordance with ASTM C150 for Type I, Type II or Type V, as required by project conditions. Fly ash or slag may be substituted for as much as 30 percent of Portland cement and in order to meet or attain LEED points.
- Aggregate: Non-reactive stone, known to product acceptable concrete
- Admixtures: Water in accordance with ASTM C494; air entraining admixture in accordance with ASTM C260 and ASTM C494
- Concrete mix: Placed and screeded to the proper grade and wood floated to a uniform surface in normal manner
- Bonding agents: To ACI 306 or as specified by structural engineer
- Imprint pattern: By use of rigid molded stamping tools ensuring consistent depth and texture per manufacturer's application guidelines
- Release agent: Patterned Concrete liquid or powdered release agent, evenly applied
- Sealer: Patterned Concrete water or solvent based
Each project is backed with a warranty and recorded for future reference in a central data base so color, pattern and/or finish can be reproduced for future add on or maintenance requirement.
Ensure installation complies with the requirements of all applicable local, state and federal code jurisdictions.
Availability and Cost
Patterned Concrete is available in the United States and Canada directly from the manufacturer and via a network of approved, licensed representatives. Contact a Patterned Concrete representative or visit www.patternedconcrete.com for pricing and availability in a specific area.
Warranty varies by project and meets industry standards. One, two or five year warranty is available.
Patterned Concrete Industries recommends stamped concrete be protected and properly cleaned to maintain appearance and longevity. Use approved deicers only when needed. Remove snow from concrete surface as quickly as possible to reduce freeze thaw cycles and reduce the need for deicers. Do not use deicers that contain magnesium chloride, nitrates, urea or sugar beets. For shiny acrylic finishes, avoid use of calcium products, which increase concrete slipperiness. Refer to the manufacturer's Maintenance Instruction and Orientation Guide for details.
Patterned Concrete Industries has experienced teams of concrete professionals who design, price and install offered systems. Onsite installation is comprised of consultations for design and construction, site inspections and submittal process to complete specific project file. The specific file is then saved to the Patterned Concrete Industries database for future maintenance and repair reference. Technical assistance, including detailed product information, product literature, test results and assistance in preparing project specifications, is available from Patterned Concrete Industries.
- Manu-Spec (US)
- Manu-Spec (Canada)
- Additional product information is available from the manufacturer upon request